The first insurance policy most people purchase is car insurance. We know that you need your car to get around Nashville every day. And, in our opinion, driving is where you are at greatest risk.
That’s why you need an Insurance Ninja.
In both Tennessee and Kentucky, it is a state requirement to carry liability insurance. However, in our experience, the standard liability requirements are not enough.
We at Cordell Insurance Agency want to protect your family the way we protect ours. Your Insurance Ninja will work with you to understand your personal situation and help you find the coverage that both works for you and fits within your family budget.
Because we are independent agents and represent many different companies, we are able to navigate quotes between multiple insurance companies and identify the best policy for your needs.
The right auto insurance policy can help get you back on the road quickly if your car is damaged or destroyed by accident, fire, theft, or other covered event. Your policy may also provide protection against medical and legal expenses resulting from injury, loss of life, or property damage caused by an accident involving your vehicle.
Major Components of Your Auto Insurance Policy:
- This coverage pays to repair car damages caused by an accident with a fixed or moving object. This could be another car, curb, guardrail, house etc.
- Standard collision coverage will pay for any repairs up to the fair market value of your car. Collision coverage usually also comes with an insurance deductible. It’s the amount of money you pay toward repairs before your collision insurance kicks in. The higher the deductible you’re willing to pay, the less the collision coverage will cost.
- This coverage pays to repair or replace your vehicle if it is stolen, vandalized or damaged in some way other than in a collision. May include loss from fire, cracked windshields, floods, falling objects, and wind.
- Like collision, comprehensive will pay up to the fair market value of your car (less your insurance deductible). And although it’s not legally required by any state, you will probably need it if your car is financed.
- Property Damage - This coverage pays for damages your cause in an accident to another car (guardrail, house, etc.) that belongs to someone else.
- Bodily Injury Liability - This coverage pays for medical expenses if you should injure someone in the event of an accident. Since medical care is so expensive, it can be risky to carry liability limits that are too low. We can help you decide what is best for you.
- Uninsured & Underinsured Motorist - Pays for damages associated with bodily injury or death from an accident caused by an uninsured, underinsured or hit-and-run driver, as defined by the law in the jurisdiction where the accident occurred, who is at fault. It also covers you if you are hit as a pedestrian.
- This is the fun stuff! Ask us about these extra coverages. They come in handy when your car is broken down, in the shop, or totaled.
- Car Rental Coverage
- Towing and/or Emergency Roadside Service
- New Car Repair/Replacement Coverages or Loan/Lien Protection
I have an older car whose current market value is very low – do I really need to purchase car insurance?
- In both Tennessee and Kentucky, drivers are required to have at least some car liability insurance. These laws were enacted to ensure that victims of car accidents receive compensation, when their losses are caused by the actions of a negligent individual.
- Often times the cost of repairing the damages to an older car is greater than its value. In these cases, your insurer will usually just "total" the car and give you a check for the car’s market value less than the deductible. Many people with older cars decide not to purchase any physical damage coverage.
A number of factors can affect the cost of your car insurance in Tennessee -- some of which you can control and some that are beyond your control.
- The type of car you drive
- The purpose the car serves
- Your driving record
- Where the car is garaged
- Your marital status