What you need to know about commercial liability insurance

Get A Quote

General liability, also known as “commercial liability insurance is a broad commercial insurance policy that covers general liability exposures of a business. Cordell Insurance Agency recommends that all businesses have general liability coverage in place. Before you contact us, take a moment to familiarize yourself with what General Liability covers.


Errors & Omissions (E&Ocovers professionals for negligence and errors or omissions that injure their clients or cause damage to a third party’s data. This type of insurance is particularly important to licensed professionals such as accountants, attorneys, insurance agents, architects, engineers and technology companies. Your Insurance Ninja at Cordell Insurance Agency recommends that all professional and technology companies have E&O coverage.

Industrial Sawing


Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) for employers covers employment-related liabilities other than on-the-job injuries. This can include legal fees and damages for suits such as wrongful termination, discrimination, sexual harassment, and other alleged violations of employees’ legal rights. If you have employees, Your Insurance Ninja at Cordell Insurance Agency recommends considering this type of coverage.


Directors and Officers Insurance (D&O) covers directors and officers of a company for negligent acts or omissions and for misleading statements that result in lawsuits against the company. There is a variety of Directors and Officers coverage available such as corporate reimbursement coverage, personal liability, and entity coverage. D&O policies may be broadened to include coverage for employment practices liability as well.


We are a local, independent insurance agency. Because we are local, we are here for you if you file a claim. Because we are independent, we work with multiple insurance companies. That means that we can compare policies to find the best one for your business. Do you have an Insurance Ninja?

Related Coverage you may need: