DO YOU HAVE THE BEST COVERAGE FOR YOUR CONDO ?
Condominium Insurance is unique. Your policy covers your personal property and liability, as well as any additions, alterations and improvements you make to your unit that are your responsibility based on the Condo Association Agreement.
What you need to know about Condo Insurance
Condo insurance differs in many ways from a standard homeowner’s policy. Before purchasing your condo policy, it is worth the time to consult your HOA/Condo Association policy to see what it covers. That way you do not buy insurance you don’t need.
Your condo policy provides coverage for your personal property and much more. Here are some condo policy coverages to consider:
- For a few more dollars, you can elect to carry Full Value Personal Property coverage. This protections ensures that, after a covered loss, you are reimbursed the full replacement value of your personal property without regard for depreciation.
- If you have upgraded cabinets or put in hardwood floors, Condo Building Item Coverage protects these investments.
As we mentioned before, be sure to consult your HOA agreement to determine what the Association policy covers and what you are responsible for.
- If common areas are damaged, your condo association may levy assessments against all the owners to pay the deductible on their association policy.
- Loss Assessment Coverage is available to protect you against certain assessments that may be levied by the association. You would be compensated for additional living expenses incurred should you need to vacate your condo after a covered loss. Consult the HOA agreement to determine the potential for such assessments.
Extra coverage doesn’t have to cost a lot.
- Many people supplement their condo insurance coverage with personal umbrella liability insurance for broader protection.
- If you have special valuable items such as jewelry, art, antiques or collectibles, ask about our Valuable Articles option which provides broader coverage and no deductible in the event of a covered loss.
- Ask about discounts for bundling your auto and condo insurance policies.
Contact one of our Insurance Ninjas so that we can sit down with you and make sure you are properly covered. Because we are independent insurance agents, we work with multiple companies to compare policies. That way we can get the most competitive rate for you. When we provide coverage, we help you handle claims. You need an Insurance Ninja!