Earthquake Insurance – what Nashville, Middle Tennessee and Kentucky needs to know
Most home insurance policies do not cover earthquake damage.
- The US Geological Society tracks earthquakes in Tennessee and Kentucky.
- Even if you don’t live in an area where earthquakes are common, you may still need earthquake insurance.
- Earthquakes have occurred in 39 states since 1900, and about 90% of Americans live in areas considered seismically active. Surprisingly, Tennessee gets its fair share of earthquakes (stories here and here).
- Thankfully, in Tennessee earthquake coverage can be inexpensive.
- Additionally, having a financial plan and savings for such a time is something we advise all homeowners.
Contact one of our Insurance Ninjas so that we can sit down with you and make sure you are properly covered. Because we are independent insurance agents, we work with multiple companies to compare policies. That way we can get the most competitive rate for you. When we provide coverage, we help you handle claims. You need an Insurance Ninja!
Related Coverage you may need: