We know the ins and outs of manufactured home
and tiny home coverage.

Get A Quote

Manufactured Home and Tiny Home insurance is unique. Your policy covers your personal property and liability, as well as the the dwelling.

What you need to know about Manufactured Home Insurance

Manufactured Home Insurance is similar to a standard homeowner’s policy. Before purchasing your manufactured home policy, you will need to gather some extra information.

  • Year of manufacture
  • Manufacturer Name and Model
  • Serial number
  • Length and width
  • You must have an enclosed foundation. Make sure your manufactured home has vented skirting to keep animals and debris away from your wires and pipes.

Your manufactured home policy will provide many of the same coverages as a traditional homeowners policy, ,but with different coverage limits. For example, most manufactured homes pay out losses on an actual cash value basis (ACV) instead of paying out on replacement cost. This means that depreciation is calculated when claims are paid. Some policies do offer stated value payout options, but these cost more than the ACV policies.

What you need to know about Tiny Home Insurance

Tiny Home Insurance will also differ from a standard homeowner’s policy. Before purchasing your tiny home policy, it is worth the time to determine where your home will be and if it will have a foundation or not.

Foundation: The first thing you need to know when insuring your tiny home is whether it will have a foundation or if it will stay on its wheels.

  • If it has a foundation, the tiny home will be classified as a permanent structure. It can be covered with a specialized home insurance policy.
  • If it stays on wheels, its insurance classificaiton is the same as a full-time RV.

Coverages and payout options vary based on how your tiny home is classified for insurance purposes.

If you are buying your tiny home for use as an Air BNB, let us know so that we can make sure you have enough liability insurance.

Extra coverage doesn’t have to cost a lot.

  • Ask about discounts for bundling your auto and home insurance policies.
  • If you have special valuable items such as jewelry, art, antiques or collectibles, ask about our Valuable Articles option which provides broader coverage and no deductible in the event of a covered loss.
  • Many people supplement their insurance coverage with personal umbrella liability insurance for broader protection.
  • Contact one of our Insurance Ninjas so that we can sit down with you and make sure you are properly covered. Because we are independent insurance agents, we work with multiple companies to compare policies. That way we can get the most competitive rate for you. When we provide coverage, we help you handle claims. You need an Insurance Ninja!

Related Coverage you may need: